Sunday, May 27, 2012

What I've Been Up To (Mostly)

I'm reading a book that I am having a surprising time getting into - Empress of the Seven Hills, by Kate Quinn. Considering how much I enjoyed her previous novels, I can't place why I can't get into this one. It might be the kind of modern vernacular, given the actual setting of the novel.

Listening to many songs, but at this moment, I've got my "On the Radio" playlist going:
Folding Chair - Regina Spektor
On the Radio
Little Boxes
Consequence of Sound
Eet
Fidelity
Eyes - Kaskade
The Bomb - New Young Pony Club
Good Life - OneRepublic
Where Is My Mind - Yoav
Runaway - Yeahyeahyeahs
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Offspring
Half-Truism
Bad Day - Daniel Powter

I've wandered away from my usual easy, neutral colors and fallen in love with turquoise! Green, however, will always be in my heart.

I am always craving dim sum lately

particularly the steamed buns with delicious fillings. These yummies inspired me to try my own hand at steaming buns. I'm gonna leave it to the experts, I think. ;)

I actually don't have any current favorite shows, except for Dirty Jobs, Family Guy and American Dad. Not exactly Dancing With the Stars - Lol

Right now I need a good day at the beach, preferably with a good book and people that I like to hang out with. Barring that, a really great storm, lots of rain, (less thunder because my dog hates thunder).


The GRE is looming particularly large in my mind. I'm studying for it, and stressing over it, and putting it off, and I really wish I could just go in and do it because it's been torture. Unfortunately, I have a high perfection model. . . translation: I must ACE it. :(

So if you haven't found the string that ties this all together yet, it's a list of "Currents," what's going on in my little world today. And currently, I have a celebrity crush on - Alison Haislip. A little someone on Battleground, an original Hulu show. She's pretty much awesome. I want to be just like her. 

I'm blessed everyday - I love my family.

So, my current outfit, right this moment, is a pair of jeans and a grey Aeropostale T-shirt. I'll slip on my Kelly-green flip-flops before leaving for my mother-in-law's in a little while for Memorial Day. 

I'm currently feeling pretty good, actually. I just had this feeling and idea that I had a really hard time going through middle school and high school, and if I could go back to that Geek Girl and tell her that it's all going to be OK because I'm awesome, God loves me, and my dreams will come true, I would tell her to hold her head up because it only gets better. And that brings me a lot of peace.

A favorite quote of mine - hmm. You would think I had these things floating in my big, book-soaked brain, but it's gotta be this one! Amen, Insanity Wolf!

What do I want right now? A wishlist item, if you will. A smaller XBOX controller for little ol' me. It would be a lot easier to pwn with this little gem!

And last but not least - my current favorite product. It's gotta be my cherry blossom body creme. MMM!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Awesome sauce sister!!! Love it :)